Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Public / Re: Haven't recieved activation email?
« Last post by The Deadheart on September 09, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »

After much fighting and research, I was able to successfully install Athas Reborn into Neverwinter Nights. Here's a step-by-step list of instructions of how I did it, to the best of my recollection. Please post corrections or suggestions for improvement in the comments.

(The link on the Required Files page should be updated with a link to current instructions; perhaps this post.)
Install Neverwinter Nights. It's available for cheap from GOG.com. If you have a Mac or a Linux box, don't despair; NWN (and Athas Reborn) works great under Crossover.
Update to version 1.69. Yes, the version from GOG already says it's 1.69; run the patch anyway.
Update to version 1.71. This step is optional, but recommended. 1.71 is a community-made patch for NWN.
Download and install the Community Expansion Pack 2.60.
Install Microsoft .NET Framework if not already installed. You can do so through Windows Update, download from Microsoft, or from within Crossover (use 4.0 in Crossover).
Install the Player Resource Consortium's PRC Pack v3.5.
Install the Community Skybox Pack (CSP) v2.1.
(Optional) Install the Athas Reborn Portrait Pack. Just copy the "portraits" folder into the NWN directory.
(Optional) Install the Athas Reborn Optional Voice Sets into the "override" folder in the NWN directory. Delete the current contents of the "override" directory first.
(Optional) Install the Alternate Combat Animations Pack (ACP v4.0) file into the "tlk" folder in the NWN directory.
(Optional) Install the Magic the Gathering Portrait Pack into the "portraits" folder you put into the NWN directory in Step 8.
Install the Neverwinter Nights Client Extender (NWNCX). Follow the directions in the included readme. You'll have to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime first (link in the readme). Crossover users: Don't use the link in the readme to install Visual C++ 2010 Runtime, install from within Crossover. I had to patch nwnmain.exe by the instructions in the readme to get it to work; simply using NWNCX_Loader.exe did nothing for me under Crossover Mac.
Download Worldgate. Make sure you have completed Step 5 first. Crossover users: Copy into the same bottle as NWN.
Open WorldGateClient.exe; click New.
Click "From URL"; enter www.athasreborn.com into the resulting dialog.
Click the button next to the "nwn installation" field and select your NWN directory. Click "test & exit".
Click "check for new files"; the Athas Reborn files will begin to download. It's possible that you will have to perform this step more than once to get all the files.
Almost done! Run Neverwinter Nights and click on "Multiplayer" once the main screen appears.
Click "Create New Account" and enter a name and password (it doesn't matter what; it will be ignored). In the future, you will only click "OK" on this step.
Click "Join Internet Game".
Choose "PW Story" from the Game Type sidebar.
Choose "Athas Reborn 1.69 PRC" and click "Connect".
Click "New Character". You will go through the NWN character creation process, and then another character creation process specific to Athas Reborn.
Once you have your character fully created, you will find yourself in the Grey. You will be given a few options while you are there; one of them is to start your character in Urik. This is the first of (probably) many lies you will be told while on Athas; Tyr is the only option that works.
Enjoy Athas Reborn!

Possibly useful tools:
AR Character Builder Spreadsheet (By Kamiryn / Modified for AR by Jaysyn)
7Zip Archive Utility

If you have never played Neverwinter Nights before, I very strongly recommend that you start a new Neverwinter Nights campaign from the main NWN screen and at least play through the tutorial phase of the regular game. Otherwise you're going to be completely lost when you get to Athas.
Public / Re: Haven't recieved activation email?
« Last post by The Deadheart on September 08, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »
Thanks for the info ill put an eye on that and give feedback.

Public / registering
« Last post by Shiroha on May 17, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »
hi I think I might be the first person to post in a number of years so I can only hope this will reach someone, but the register button on the forums is broken. When I press register, it spits out this error:

" Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '=>' (T_DOUBLE_ARROW) in /home/quocco/public_html/forum/Sources/Profile.php on line 331"

Also any chance you can make public the post linked to in this thread  Installation Instructions posted by Calion in 2015. the page it links to is not available to non-registered users. I assume it would have further install instructions that might prove useful to new players (like myself), but it does require registering on these boards, which even when fixed is an additional hindrance to newcomers. 

many thanks

Also if there is a way to know if the servers are up and running outside of the game, please let me know that would be great. ty
Athas Reborn Hak Paks / Installation Instructions
« Last post by Calion on February 25, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
Current installation instructions are available at http://forum.athasreborn.com/index.php?topic=4023.
BETA / Re: Beta IP
« Last post by DM Heatstroke on March 28, 2014, 10:24:49 AM »
Server is up and clean!

Gotta wrangle those dust-bunnies!
« Last post by The Deadheart on March 27, 2014, 02:47:11 PM »
Server is up and clean!
« Last post by The Deadheart on March 27, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
Server will be down for an hour.I clean the pc's corner.

Thank you.
BETA / Re: problems
« Last post by decardpain on March 26, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »
I'll try log in later I need to get some sleep. Will be nice to explore somewhere new to me.  Edit...  I can confirm all looks like it's working. I was able to create a player
BETA / Re: problems
« Last post by The Deadheart on March 26, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
Thank you for the info and its ok now when i saw you i was to install the database its supposed to be ok.Server up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10